Local News

Boy, 15 electrocuted in Makurdi

By Ann Ngbea

A 15-year-old boy, Master Emmanuel Ameh has been electrocuted along Baver Dzeremo Street, behind Hotel Lucia Makurdi.

Narrating the incidence to newsmen, a relation of the deceased Samuel Orokpo, said “officials of Jos electricity Distribution Company (JED) had cut a live wire in the area, including in the house of the deceased and abandoned them on the ground during which some children raised alarm that the wire had electrocuted one of them who was playing around the cables.”

According to Orokpo, the late Emmanuel then rushed to rescue the
affected child by trying to fold the wire which electrocuted him in the process.
Some residents responded by taking the victim to a nearby hospital where the 15-year-old boy was confirmed dead.

Mr Orokpo said the matter has already been reported to the police while
some officials of JED had visited the scene of the incident and also paid a
condolence visit to the family of the victim.

Efforts to get reaction of JED failed, as The Regional Manager Makurdi Region, Engr Ogunmakinwa Oluwole Olaniyi was not on seat at the time of the visit and in response to a text to react on the subject matter, he responded via text that he was busy at the moment.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top